Baby it’s cold outside and Plant Based Chili is sure to warm you up! Packed with ripe red tomatoes, protein filled black beans, bright yellow corn and plant based meat it’s a healthy meal in a bowl!
- 1 tablespoon avocado or canola oil
- 16 ounces Beyond Meat Plant Based Ground
- 1 large sweet onion, diced (around 1-pound, 2 cups diced)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 29 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces frozen corn, defrosted and drained
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- plant based cheese for serving, optional
- In a large wok or pot, sauté the plant based ground meat, onion and garlic in the avocado oil until the meat is browned.
- Add the chili powder and cumin and sauté for a minute until the plant based meat is completely coated.
- Stir in the salsa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, black pepper, sugar and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Serve hot topped with plant based cheese.
- If you are a staunch beef eater you can substitute non-plant based beef for the plant based beef. Make sure to drain the fat after browning.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 11.3 g
- Sodium: 1255.7 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 14.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Plant Based, Plant Based Chili, Pareve, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free