- 2 cups 100% extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 sprigs fresh herbs (rosemary and thyme work well)
- additional fresh herbs
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line several cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
- Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat until just bubbling.
- Add herbs.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Steep 1 to 2 hours.
- Strain out herbs, and funnel into a clean glass container.
- Refrigerate up to 1 week; bring to room temperature before using.
- When you’re ready to season the matzoh, place it on a baking sheet, brush with the oil, and sprinkle with fresh herbs and coarse salt.
- Bake until the matzoh is lightly browned at the edges, 5-6 minutes.