- 2 1/2–3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup apple juice (or warm water)
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- Combine apple juice and yeast.
- Allow mixture to sit for 3 minutes until yeast is dissolved and starting to bubble.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, olive oil and salt.
- Stir in apple juice/yeast, and knead for 3-5 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Remove dough from bowl and spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Return dough to bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap or towel and allow dough to sit for at least 5 minutes. (Makes one 16” pizza crust or two thin 12” pizza crusts)