Light, tangy, fruity and slightly sweet, this popcorn is made with super healthy Hibiscus Flower popcorn. It’s the perfect healthy snack, and the gorgeous color is perfect for festive get togethers.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup plant based margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons Hibiscus Flower Powder
- Air pop the popcorn into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place a large full sheet pan sized piece of parchment or Silpat mats on the counter. Save for later.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine with the sugar, then raise the heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat
- Add the water and the Hibiscus Flower powder. Stir to combine.
- Pour the Hibiscus Flower Glaze over the popcorn. Toss using a large heat proof spatula, making sure all the popcorn kernels are coated.
- Spread the coated popcorn onto the prepared parchment/Silpat mat. Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: Hibiscus, Hibiscus Flower, Hibiscus Powder, Hibiscus Popcorn, Popcorn, Gluten Free, Plant Based, Dairy Free, Festive, Snack, Holiday snack