This crust is a delicious healthy grain-free alternative The recipe uses nutritious cauliflower and almond flours as well as Italian herbs to create a fluffy herbalicious pizza crust.
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegan ground parmesan (like Follow Your Heart)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- nonstick vegetable spray
- Spray a twelve or thirteen inch pizza pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the warm water, yeast and monk fruit sweetener. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cauliflower flour, almond flour, Italian herb seasoning, xanthan gum, baking powder, vegan parmesan, nutritional yeast and kosher salt, black pepper and granulated garlic powder.
- Stir in the olive oil and the yeast mixture. Knead until smooth then form into a ball.
- Cover a pastry board with plastic wrap. Place the dough ball on the plastic then cover with additional plastic. Roll the dough into a twelve to thirteen inch circle. Remove the top plastic wrap then flip the pizza onto the prepared pan, leaving the dough covered with the lower layer of plastic.
- Place the covered crust in a warm place and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a pizza stone in the oven.
- Remove the plastic from the crust and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil.
- Crust is ready for sauce, toppings and cheese. After topped bake the pizza for an additional 20-30 minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is completely melted.
- If you don’t have monk fruit sweetener you can leave it out, the crust may taste more “cauliflowery” as a result.
- I wear vinyl disposable gloves when kneading the dough. They help keep the dough from sticking to your hands.
- For best results use a pizza stone. It will help the crust to crisp the crust.
- To reheat the pizza, warm covered in a hot skillet.
- Serving Size: 8