This crust uses super low carb cauliflower flour boosted with almond flour, to create a delicious and nutritious healthy pizza crust.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- nonstick vegetable spray
- Spray a twelve or thirteen inch pizza pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the warm water, yeast and monk fruit sweetener. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cauliflower flour, almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, Italian herb seasoning, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the olive oil and the yeast mixture. Knead until smooth then form into a ball.
- Cover a pastry board with plastic wrap. Place the dough ball on the plastic then cover with additional plastic. Roll the dough into a twelve to thirteen inch circle. Remove the top plastic wrap then flip the pizza onto the prepared pan, leaving the dough covered with the lower layer of plastic.
- Place the covered crust in a warm place and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a pizza stone in the oven.
- Remove the plastic from the crust and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil.
- Crust is ready for sauce, toppings and cheese. After topped bake the pizza for an additional 20-30 minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is completely melted.
- If you don’t have monk fruit sweetener you can leave it out, the crust may taste more “cauliflowery” as a result.
- I wear vinyl disposable gloves when kneading the dough. They help keep the dough from sticking to your hands.
- For best results use a pizza stone. It will help the crust to crisp on the crust.
- To reheat the pizza, warm covered in a hot skillet.
- Serving Size: 8