- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 or 10 pieces, skin removed (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (or 2 frozen cubes)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- Pat chicken pieces dry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Brown chicken, bone side up, then turn.
- Sprinkle with turmeric then turn the chicken over again.
- Sprinkle with pepper, then cover with tomatoes.
- Cook over medium heat 30 minutes covered, 30 minutes uncovered, then 15 minutes uncovered on low.