- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 4 cups leeks, white part only – thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons margarine (I used Earths Balance)
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté leeks in the melted margarine for 7 minutes until soft.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, then add the bulgur.
- Stir and return to a boil.
- Cook over low heat, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed, around 5 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and almonds.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- May be served hot or at room temperature.