What could be better than caramel and sweet mascarpone cheese? Caramelizing sugar on top of the blintz with a blow torch! They’re fun to make, and you can amaze your family and guests with your culinary expertise!!
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons liquid egg, or measure 2 teaspoons from a beaten egg
- 12 ounce jar, thick caramel topping
- ½ cup sugar
- additional caramel topping to garnish
- chocolate covered toffee bits – like Heath (optional)
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces caramel topping
- In a medium bowl, mix cheese, sugar and eggs together until smooth. Prepare blintzes according to above directions, using 1 ½ tablespoons of cheese filling and 1 tablespoon of thick caramel sauce for each blintz.
TO FINISH BLINTZES
- Sprinkle each blintz with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Using a hand held blow torch, caramelize the sugar on each blintz. Garnish with Caramel Cream, additional caramel topping, and toffee bits.
- Whip cream with an electric mixer until stiff. With the mixer running, gradually add caramel topping to cream. Whip until soft peaks form.