This seasonal, uniquely flavored, creamy, healthy soup makes a perfect light dinner soup. You can save the delicious leftovers for lunch!
- 2 pounds asparagus, tips and 1/2 inch from the bottom removed, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3 tablespoons plant based margarine
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 cups vegan chicken stock or vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dill pollen plus additional for garnish
- fresh dill for garnishing
- Heat a large stock pot 2/3 full of water. Bring to a boil.
- Place the asparagus in the water. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain into a large colander. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of asparagus.
- Melt the margarine in a a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the green onions and sauté until soft, around a minute.
- Add the remainder of the asparagus (not the 1 1/2 cups), the almond milk, the stock, the salt, black pepper and dill pollen.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add in the reserved 1 1/2 cups of asparagus.
- Serve garnished with additional dill pollen and fresh dill.
If you don’t have dill pollen, you can substitute dried dillweed instead.
Keywords: Asparagus, Dill Pollen