|Check out these smokin’ chickens!!|
|It pays to be optimistic!!
(our first cherry tomato- actual size!)
- 1–4 whole chickens, cleaned, skin on
- 2 cups flavored wood chips or wood smoking kit
- If using wood chips and a smoker box, soak the chips in enough warm water to cover, at least 30 minutes.
- If using a wood smoker kit, skip this step.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- If using a gas grill, turn the heat to medium.
- Place the wood chips in a smoker box.
- If you don’t have a smoker box, you can make one by poking some holes in a small aluminum pan.
- Place the smoker box on the grill grate (or directly on the coals if you like).
- Place the chicken(s) breast side down on the grill.
- Cover the grill and cook for 15 minutes.
- Open the grill and quickly turn the chicken(s) over, smoking for an additional 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and measures 165° F using a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the grill and serve hot.
- Remove chips from the grill and allow to cool before discarding.
- Used smoker chips generally cannot be re-used.