- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 7 cups instant dried mash potatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken consume mix
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 10 cups boiling water
- ketchup for garnish
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Divide beef into two.
- Form two large patties from the ground beef.
- Grill until cooked through, flipping once- around 10 minutes.
- Spread barbecue sauce on burgers during grilling.
- Remove from grill.
- While the beef is cooking prepare the potatoes.
- Combine all the dry ingredients until throughly mixed.
- Add boiling water and margarine and stir until completely smooth.
- Place one of the patties on a large heat-proof plate.
- Cover generously with mashed potatoes and smooth.
- Top with the next patty.
- "Frost" the layers with rest of the potatoes.
- You can use a pastry bag to pipe borders and decorations on the "cake", and can make a "ridged" edge by running a serrated knife along the outside of the "frosted cake".
- Drizzle ketchup along the edge of the cake for additional decoration.
- Slice and serve warm to your surprised guests!