- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Additional teriyaki sauce (optional)
- In a large stockpot, bring stock to a boil. For an extra boost of teriyaki flavor add an additional few tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. Add rice. Cook according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic and celery in the teriyaki sauce until vegetables are soft. Add mushrooms and sauté until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Fold the vegetables into the rice until thoroughly combined.
- Serve to your favorite mushroom lovers!
- 1. The boxed cartons of chicken or vegetable stock are usually 32 ounces, or exactly 4 cups…perfect for this recipe!
- 2. This recipe can be made gluten-free. You can purchase gluten-free teriyaki sauce at your local grocery or health food store. Great for the GFE (Gluten Free Eater) and everyone else too!