- 2 cans (14.75 oz each) pink salmon
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Squirt ketchup
- Olive oil for frying
- Place the entire contents of the 2 cans of salmon in a large bowl.
- “Smush” the salmon with your hands (I wear disposable gloves) breaking apart any bones in the salmon, until the salmon is smooth.
- Add the quinoa, eggs, onion, crushed red pepper, and ketchup to the salmon.
- “Smush” until completely combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add just enough oil to coat the pan.
- Place large generous tablespoons of salmon in the skillet, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy on the bottom, then flip the patties and continue frying until golden brown on the second side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with remaining salmon.
- These are delicious hot or cold!