- 6 chicken breast cutlets, each split in half to make 2 thin cutlets
- 1 cup potato starch
- 3 cups Panko crumbs (can be Gluten-Free)
- oil for frying
- 1 28 ounce jar Pasta Sauce with Mushrooms
- 8-12 ounces shredded vegan "Parmesan" cheese
- non-stick vegetable spray
- 1 pound fettuccine (optional - can be Gluten-Free)
- FOR THE EGG MIXTURE
- 1 cup liquid egg
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
So delicious and super simple to make!!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick vegetable spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the egg mixture ingredients until completely blended.
- Place the potato starch in a pan or on a large plate.
- Place the Panko crumbs in a lasagna pan (can be short and disposable).
- Thoroughly coat each piece of chicken with potato starch, then completely cover with egg mixture, then place the coated cutlet in the Panko crumbs and press the crumbs into the chicken. Make sure that the chicken is completely coated with the Panko Crumbs.
- Heat frying oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place several cutlets in the pan and fry on both sides until golden brown. Place the fried cutlets on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Spoon the sauce over the cutlets, then sprinkle the "cheese" over the top.
- Spray a large piece of foil with non-stick spray. Loosely cover the chicken, sprayed side down. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted slightly.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- Serve hot chicken over the fettuccine, spooning additional pan sauces over the pasta.
- You can find vegan "Parmesan" at Whole Foods or ask you local grocer. If you can't find "Parmesan" another shredded vegan "cheese" will also work.