- 20 large white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 pound chuck ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 16 mushroom stems minced
- Barbecue sauce
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (10 slices total)
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Remove the mushroom stems from the caps.
- Mince the stems and set aside for making the sliders.
- On a baking sheet, spray the mushroom caps with nonstick cooking spray and drizzle with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle the caps with the salt and black pepper.
- Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, herbs, garlic, salt, black pepper, egg, bread crumbs, and minced mushroom stems.
- Form into small patties the same size as the mushroom caps.
- Grill the patties on an indoor or outdoor grill or sear in a nonstick skillet in hot oil for 4-5 minutes per side.
- To assemble the sliders, spread the barbecue sauce on the insides of two mushroom caps.
- Place a patty on one mushroom cap, add a basil leaf and a slice of tomato, and top with the other mushroom cap.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary: stick the sprig through the top of the mushroom cap and pierce all the way through. (This will also help keep the slider intact.)