- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers/Mexican chili
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 1/2 teaspoon extra fine salt, or to taste
- Coat the bottom of a large stock pot with the oil.
- Add the crushed red pepper and turn the heat on to medium-high.
- Add the popping corn and shake the pan to coat the corn.
- Allow the oil to heat for a minute, then cover tightly and reduce the heat to medium.
- Pop the corn, shaking the pan frequently to keep the corn from burning.
- When the popping slows considerably, turn off the heat and allow the corn to pop for another minute until the popping stops.
- Sprinkle with the salt and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a bowl and enjoy!