- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 scallions, thinly sliced
- 32 ounces frozen peas-and-carrots blend, defrosted and divided
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- croutons (optional)
Filled with colorful peas and carrots, this is a hearty dinner soup. You can save the leftovers for a terrific lunch the next day.
- Melt butter in a large 6-8 quart stock pot.
- Add chopped scallions and sauté 6-8 minutes until soft.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reserve 2 cups of the peas-and-carrots blend and set aside.
- Add the remaining peas-and-carrots and the salt to the pot and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for an additional 10 minutes until the vegetables are heated through and soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender*, blend soup until smooth.
- Add reserved 2 cups of peas-and-carrots to the pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve hot sprinkled with croutons.
- Delicious and heartwarming!
- 1. If you don't have an immersion blender you can bledn the soup in batches in a regular blender or a food processor.
- 2. I strongly recommend using butter for this recipe rather than a substitute. The little bit of butter in this recipe packs a lot of flavor!!