- 2 pints blueberries, washed & dried
- 2 teaspoons blueberry extract (optional)
- blue gel food coloring (optional)
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled, washed, dried and cut into halves
- 2 teaspoon strawberry extract (optional)
- red gel food coloring (optional)
- Using a food processor, coarsely chop the fruit and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the fruit in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream and pudding mix until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the fruit, extract, and food coloring (if using) into the cream.
- Transfer to a large aluminum pan or plastic storage container with a tight lid.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Scoop into individual dessert cups and garnish with your favorite toppings.
- For vanilla ice cream omit the fruit and proceed with the recipe as described above.
- For chocolate ice cream, substitute chocolate pudding mix.