- 24 ounces asparagus - very thin, tops removed, blanched
- 7 ounces (vegan) mozzarella
- 1/4 cup (vegan) parmesan
- 3/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- dash crushed red pepper
- nonstick vegetable spray
This show-stopping quiche uses fresh, seasonal asparagus and vegan cheese for a healthy beautiful dish. Don't worry, if you don't have time to weave the top you can still make the quiche. You can also use dairy cheese although I used vegan mozzarella and vegan parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a round quiche pan with nonstick spray.
- Using the thin asparagus stalks, weave a basket weave square. Set aside.
- Chop the remaining asparagus stalks into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella and parmesan. Add the green onion, chopped asparagus, eggs, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the asparagus and cheese mixture into the prepared quiche pan. Carefully transfer the basketweave over the top of the quiche.
- Using a kitchen shears or scissors, cut the excess asparagus off the basket weave.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted. Allow the quiche to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can make this quiche dairy using traditional dairy mozzarella and shredded parmesan.