- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, well shaken, opened, and stirred
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups short-grain brown rice
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple with its juice
- 10-12 dried apricots, thinly sliced to equal ½ cup
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Pour the coconut milk and water into a 9x13 inch oven-to-table casserole dish.
- Stir in the raw rice.
- Stir in the pineapple, apricots, and salt.
- Sprinkle the coconut and almonds over the top.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes until the rice is soft.
- Serve hot.
- The cooking time for this delicious rice is 1 hour and 40 minutes – make sure to leave enough time!