Ok, so I’ve been feeling kind of crummy lately (shocking right?). So I went to the doctors. One of the doctors was kind enough to tell me “Well if you lose weight you’ll feel better…you know “calories in less than calories out…” Really? No kidding. So I have put on quite a few pounds in the past few months, it’s true. Ok, a lot of pounds. So, I went to the nutritionist. “Oh honey, it’s all the stress.” (Really? No kidding.) “You need to exercise and get some rest!” (Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha). “And you need to be prepared with the proper foods to grab on the go….” Then she pulls a pouch of tuna out of her bag. Now the nutritionist is the sweetest person you will ever meet. And she really means well. But a pouch of tuna? Can you imagine trying to eat that in the car? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
|Grab these & go!|
- 2 cans (14.75 oz) pink salmon
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Squirt ketchup
- Olive oil for frying
- Place the entire contents of the 2 cans of salmon in a large bowl.
- “Smush” the salmon with your hands (I wear disposable gloves) breaking apart any bones in the salmon, until the salmon is smooth.
- Add the quinoa, eggs, onion, crushed red pepper, and ketchup to the salmon.
- “Smush” until completely combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add just enough oil to coat the pan.
- Place large generous tablespoons of salmon in the skillet, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy on the bottom, then flip the patties and continue frying until golden brown on the second side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with remaining salmon.
- These are delicious hot or cold!